Monday, May 10, 2010

Let's be friends

This is my new friend, Spencer Morrey, he will be 4 years old in September. Spencer has a sister, her name is Amelia. She is _ years old. Spencer's Dad is Craig Morrey, he's 40 yearsold.

On any normal day, you, would usually find kids like Spencer and Amelia playing in the park, running around, Mom or Dad would be watching over them, but not Spencer, because he is very sick. Spencer was born with "catastrophic brain damage and diagnosed with severe palsy." He can't take care of himself, so his Dad takes care of him on a full time basis.

Since Mr. Morrey takes care of Spencer full time it means he can't work, and has to rely on donations to cover Spencer's medical expenses and daily needs.

Japan has many laws to keep it's society in order, but I was jut wondering why my new friend, Spencer can't receive the best medical care possible. Why does he have to "suffer" the quite "slow" process of determining who gets to be his custodial parent. In the meantime, Spencer and maybe other kids like him, is "left" waiting for the Japan courts to decide on his fate.

I want to help my new friend, I want to keep his story alive because I think he's the best hero for other kids too.
Read his story, meet his Dad and sister, learn from them. We can support Spencer through http://www.foreveryourfather.com/.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are helping Spencer and Amelia. I hope you will be able to encourage others to follow suit. And remember to give honor to the Lord at all times.

    ReplyDelete